In this issue…
• The beautiful bird art of Zimbabwean artist Nicole Sanderson features on the magazine’s front cover, as well as in her portfolio inside.
• As spring is sprung, the Southern Carmine Bee-eaters arrive in the thousands! Learn more about these wonderful birds in our latest issue.
• Read about Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park and why it’s a great birding destination.
• Renowned conservationist and artist, Clive Walker, enlightens us on the ‘Art of Birds’, from ancient cave paintings to modern guide books.
• European, Asian and North American bird populations are in flux, but what’s happening with South Africa’s common birds? Peter Ryan shares some ‘Common Truths’.
• Our youngest contributor yet reviews Faansie’s Bird Book 2!
Look out for the eye-catching September/October issue of African Birdlife on shelves!