We are thrilled to launch an epic birding and wildlife event that promises to provide:
- first class birding in one of the world’s great untouched wildernesses; South Africa’s jewel, the Kruger National Park, which we will explore from top to bottom;
- unrivalled wildlife experiences including the famous Big Five;
- small groups guided by an expert birder as well as a professional Kruger driver-guide in an open safari vehicle;
- a fun challenge to try find and identify as many bird and mammal species, with each species being awarded points based on rarity;
- meeting and spending time with many other like-minded birders and conservationists;
- exciting prizes; and
- MOST IMPORTANTLY helping to raise much needed funds to snatch the Critically Endangered White-winged Flufftail from the brink of extinction (all profits from this challenge will be donated to the Middelpunt Wetland Trust managed by BirdLife South Africa for the conservation of the White-winged Flufftail.
Rockjumper is donating its time and expertise to arrange and manage this event.)If this sounds like fun to you then don’t hesitate to join us on the great Kruger Bird and Wildlife Challenge from 6th – 15th February 2019. Further details are to be found in the attached itinerary.
We have a maximum capacity for 21 teams consisting of 9 people. The cost of participating is R22,950 (approximately US$1,950 at current exchange rates). If you put together your own team of 9 then you will be rewarded with a 50% discount on your participation.
Please contact Sarah Dell on email@example.com to register your interest.
BirdLife South Africa, the Middelpunt Wetland Trust and Rockjumper Birding Tours are looking forward to sharing this meaningful but fun challenge with you.